Friday, February 11, 2011

Pet Peeve

When music that I like is on the radio, I always enjoy listening to it more than if I had just put in the CD. Probably for two reasons. 1 -It's always cool that of all the songs that could be playing, they are playing one that I like (especially since I don't listen to the radio all that often). 2 - It's validation that I'm not the only person that likes that song, that it's popular enough for the masses.

Don't you hate it when your spouse's/boyfriend's/girlfriend's/partner's alarm goes off in the morning and it's playing one of your songs, and before you get the chance to enjoy even a little of it, the aforementioned bedtime buddy turns it off and goes back to sleep?

That's happened to me twice this week with the same song - Animal by Neon Trees. Now I've listened to it on my computer since, but it's not the same as listening to it in the comfort of my bed with it randomly coming on the radio. So I think I'm going to put it on my iPod and if it comes on again, and she turns off her alarm, I'm going to blast it on our bedroom speakers. That'll show her.

No comments:

Post a Comment