Sunday, February 20, 2011

Confessions of a Bad Dad - Pillow Fight / Infanticide

Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned. It's been 1 day since my last confession.

We've been staying at wife's parents' house for the last few days and the place has been crazy busy with people. Last night we had 13 adults and 11 kids sleeping here. Wife and I slept on a random mattress in the family room with baby in the Pack 'n Play next to us.

Well, baby has been absolutely horrible at night lately. He'll wake up screaming at 3:30-4 AM and won't stop for anything. I try to comfort him; wife tries to comfort him, but nothing works, short of putting him in the bed between us. Needless to say, I am not very happy during these little episodes, and I often find myself being less than patient with baby. This has been going on for the last week or so, and last night was no exception.

So last night baby woke up screaming at 3:30, and I got up to calm him. I tucked him in, talked to him, and put his pacifier in. He got quiet for a few minutes, and then freaked out again. I became more annoyed. So I repeated my previous behavior, and he calmed down for a few minutes. So I got back on the mattress, hoping to get back to sleep. Well I think I may have dozed off, because the next thing I knew, the baby was wailing at full volume, and I was off the mattress, kneeling next to the Pack 'n Play repeatedly hitting it hard with my pillow. Wife woke up and stopped me and yelled "what are you doing?"

"Trying to make the noise stop."

1 comment:

  1. So, did wife then say, "Oh, ok" and then go back to sleep? I'm assuming she did not, and instead proceeded to use some other method she thought would be more useful. Like something she read out of some parenting magazine.

    ReplyDelete