Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby Poop

Usually the baby poops around 4 or 5 and I wait for the wife to come home and change him (because I am dutifully preparing dinner). But today as I was working on my computer, I noticed that the baby STANK and I did a little check. Yup. Thick green poop leaking out the leg-hole of the diaper. It had the consistency of Indian saag and smelled absolutely horrible.

Upon opening the diaper, I was unable to locate the child's manhood because it was covered in said saag. It was a 6-wipe poop. That's saying something. Usually his poops require 2-3 wipes. So I took care of it and put the diaper in an empty grocery bag on our door, ready to be taken out. But I still smell the poop as if it were right next to me. I've checked my hands and clothes and baby's clothes - no visible poop. Guess I need to take the trash out.

His saag poop is only a recent development. It used to be light brown, like a tan color (think light brown M&Ms, if you can remember back then). It was also crazy runny and would ALWAYS explode out the back of the diaper (especially in church), but it didn't smell that bad. Now it's this crazy saag-like paste that stinks so bad you want to kill yourself for being in the same room as it. I guess the difference is the recent addition of green beans and oatmeal to his diet. Green beans obviously provide the color, while the oatmeal provides the texture. I miss the days when all he ate was breast milk.

Now baby is fed and napping and I'm back to work. I need to come up with an idea for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment