Thursday, February 17, 2011

No Poop

Baby has not pooped in three days. Do you know how frightening that is? We've been feeding him carrots, oatmeal, and milk, and nothing for three days. Now don't get me wrong - I am not concerned at all for the health of the child - I'm scared to death about the nature of this next poop.

Last night the wife and I passed the kid between us like a hot potato. It's like musical chairs, and neither of us want to be left holding the kid when the music stops. Now the wife is at work, and I've got him until 4 when she gets home... I think I'm going to lose this round.

There are things that can be done to minimize the wreckage though, and I'm doing my best to be ready for it. The sooner you catch it, the less the mess.

So now as I work on my computer, I literally jump out of my seat at any bowel sound. I am checking his diaper at any suspect scents (which are all too prevalent now that we smell the same), and anytime he squishes up his face and grunts, I am on alert.

I have the changing area set up for the worst possible scenario. I've got a change of clothes, extra wipes, plastic bags, and a clothespin at the ready. Wish me luck - I'll keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! We totally know what you mean. Somedays it feels like you're playing Russian Roulet (however you spell it) ;)

    ReplyDelete