Friday, February 4, 2011

Infanticide

1:08 AM - Baby wakes up crying. My initial thought: infanticide. Second thought: turn off the monitor and go back to bed.

Doctor has told us not to go in and comfort him until he's been crying for at least 20 minutes. We live in an apartment though - there are people in the room next to him trying to sleep (I'd assume). So I give it 5 minutes and go put the pacifier in, tuck him in, and leave. He's asleep a few minutes later. Relatively painless tonight.

I can't wait until we live in a house. When baby wakes up, I will do NOTHING. I'll reach over and turn off the monitor and smile a creepy Tim Curry in Home Alone 2 smile, and I'll go back to sleep.

Also - this morning baby and I were playing in the bed after wife left for work. I am on my back and baby is on his stomach on my stomach playing with my goatee. He's smiling and cute and it's one of those moments that make you glad to be a dad. Then he spit up partially digested breast milk all over my face. Some got in my mouth.

Infanticide.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! So true...can't wait to live in a house.

    J had a story similar recently. He was playing with Riley & trying to get him to smile. J gives R an Eskimo Kiss. Then, instantly R spits up spraying everywhere including J's face! I laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete