Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crawling

So I went back east on Monday (escaping Valentine's with the wife), and came back last night. Quick trip. 14 hours of traveling for 24 hours on the ground. Totally worth it.

I wasn't gone very long - but in the time that I was gone, baby started crawling. Yep. Before I left, baby's movement was limited to rolling around and doing a backwards scoot. In the 40 hours I was gone, he learned to crawl. Now it's not a very impressive crawl, but it's effective. He gets up on his hands and pull his knees up to his chest really quickly, moving forward a few inches. Then he repeats over and over. He also has a hump-the-ground version where he starts on his hands and knees and thrusts his hips forward and down, moving a little forward. Then back up on his hands and knees, and more humping.

It's not traditional crawling, but it's something. And at least I'm telling you like it is - I'm not one of those moms that blogs that her kid is doing an "army crawl" when in fact, the kid is doing nothing of the sort. I've seen Forrest Gump; I am obviously well-informed. If our soldiers crawled like your kid - they'd never get anywhere, their mouths would be full of dirt, and the enemy would have shot off their hindquarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment