Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby Today (More Poop)

Baby is currently sitting in his Bumbo on the floor watching Law & Order with me. It's OK - I distract him during the bad parts. It had been a day or two since his last poop, so when I smelled something nasty after lunch, I dutifully took him to the back room and changed him. It was dark orange and the consistency of tomato paste, but not very voluminous. Now he's clenching his fists and grunting and his face is all red. I think I may have changed him too soon.

[2 minutes later]

He's falling asleep in his Bumbo. His head is bobbing back and forth. It will slowly fall forward as he dozes off, and then when his chin hits his chest, he'll snap awake for a second. He must be tired after all that grunting. I should put him in his crib.

[5 minutes later]

Oh I had definitely changed him too soon. This time it was a mullet diaper (normal in the front, party in the back). More orange tomato paste that smells awful. The diapers are in a bag hanging on the front door and I can still smell the poop as strongly as if I had wiped it under my nose. Once I changed him, I put him down for a nap.

Speaking of sleep, baby has not been sleeping very well at night lately and last night was no exception. I feel badly for our neighbors in the apartments below and above us, who had to hear him scream for hours last night. Well, not too badly for the upstairs neighbors. She just started her exercise routine and is very noisily jumping around up there (at least I hope that's what it is). If the ceiling squeaks at every footstep, you can imagine how loud jumping is; our light fixtures literally shake. Ah the joys of living in an apartment.

I think the things I'll enjoy most about a house are:
- No neighbors living so close I can hear their every move
- A garage to put stuff that I don't want to keep in my house
- A washer and dryer
- A fridge with an ice maker

1 comment:

  1. Sev, I think you are hilarious. Shayne has been quoting your posts for a while now, but I thought you might like to know that I also enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete