Thursday, April 21, 2011

MacGyver

I mentioned earlier that at times I listen to music with profane lyrics with baby in the room. Well recently my laptop speakers broke - probably God's punishment for my sinful ways.

So I turned to reruns of Law & Order and NCIS to entertain me. These shows aren't the most... pacifistic in nature, but I enjoy them nonetheless. They say the average child has witnessed 8,000 murders by the age of 12... well baby has probably already filled his quota. I thought about keeping a tally, so I could see how accurate that number (8,000) is, but then we watched Taken with Liam Neeson and I lost count in the first 5 minutes of his trip to Paris.

My brother is obsessed with MacGyver and has all the seasons on DVD. Who doesn't like MacGyver though? I mean, what's not to like? He's a dude with a mullet that goes around wreaking havoc on commies with his pocket knife and whatever else is lying around. And most episodes have him helping a "hot" girl that he usually kisses once in the episode. I say "hot" because they are attractive in the style of the 80's. Big hair, weird clothes. Not someone you'd see today and think dang.

So we've been watching MacGyver lately and baby really likes it. He especially likes the theme song. He starts dancing and bouncing up and down every time he hears it. I'm hoping some of the show's material rubs off on him so that he can be awesome someday when I give him a pocket knife.

I figure it'll be a good baptism present. The wife will want to give him something lame like scriptures, but I'll give him something that can get him out of a Federal Supermax prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment