Thursday, April 14, 2011

Confessions of a Bad Dad - The Pencil

Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned. It's been 2 days since my last confession.

My baby just ate a pencil. Five minutes ago I looked over at him and he had a pen in his mouth (or what I thought was a pen). I just grabbed it, and it's a light blue pencil. But not just any pencil - it's a "Blue Water Soluble Pencil." So when I say that my baby ate a pencil, he actually ate it. That is to say that his saliva dissolved the "lead" of this writing device, and it's now a hollow tube. There is light blue pencil "lead" swirling down his esophagus into his stomach.

Go me.

I wonder how that will turn (come) out.

1 comment:

  1. you don't have a very good record as of late...I think, for the safety of your child, it may be better for you to go back to the work force and let the wife be home...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete