Saturday, April 9, 2011

Infanticide (Again)

I know it's wrong to kill your children (though one could make the "I-brought-you-into-this-world-I-can-take-you-out" argument), but DANG last night sucked.

My wife went to bed around 10 last night, but I stayed up till midnight finishing some work and watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indiana Jones never gets old. So around 3:45, baby started screaming and I turned on the white noise. He's sleeping in a Pack-n-Play in our room since my brother is in his room. He'd quiet down a little bit, and then if either of us moved in bed, even the slightest, he'd freak out.

At 5:00 he was still crying and my iPod broke. It just stopped playing the noise. The kid's incessant crying outlasted Steve Jobs. From 5 to 5:30 the silence of the night was often interrupted by baby's wailing. At 5:30, the wife decided that the 6 am rule could be broken, and she brought him to bed and fed him.

A few hours later, I am up and working. Not a great night for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment