Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brother Poop

So my brother has been staying with us for a few weeks until his apartment opens up. He was out of the country when baby was born, so this has been his first opportunity to meet him and spend time with him. It's been fun to watch them interact. In fact, my brother has offered to watch baby a few days a week in the morning so I can work a few hours at the office.

This arrangement should work pretty well for the spring/summer, though we'll need to figure things out again in the fall when both my brother and I are taking classes again. The wife and I are pretty confident that my brother will do a good job with baby; he's taken to being an uncle quite naturally... for the most part.

There's one thing about babies that he's struggling with... poop. Now that we're feeding baby mostly solid foods, he's been pooping a few times a day and they are super nasty and smelly. My brother can barely handle it. The fact that there is poop somewhere other than inside the human body or the toilet boggles his mind.

This morning my brother was playing with baby and noticed a familiar odor. He looked down the back of baby's diaper and saw a little poo (still contained by the diaper) and flipped out. He started yelling, "There's poop! Poop! Poop in his butt crack! I see poop! Right there!" Then he started gagging and had to leave the room. From the other room he yelled, "I don't think I'm going to be able to have kids... not if they poop like that."

We'll keep working with him...

1 comment: