Thursday, April 14, 2011

The End?

I have done bookkeeping and accounting for a certain company for the last five years, both at the office and from home. For the last few years, I've worked primarily from home for a few reasons, (1) it's more convenient with school and (now) a baby, and (2) they ran out of desks at the office.

Well today I was told that they want to bring me back in. I need to do my work at the office from now on. No more going days without wearing pants. No more showering once a week. It will be quite a change to return to society.

This will dramatically change things in our life from now on so we're deciding how to proceed. There are a few options:
- Find someone to watch the baby during the day and go work at the office. That would be the end of "Stay at Home Sven."
- Quit my job of 5+ years and stay at home with the kid. Find odds and ends ways of earning money from home (random legal research projects, ratemysinglesward.com, etc.).
- Wife quits her job and stays home with the kid, and I go to work. This is probably the worst options since our current (awesome) health insurance comes from her work.
- Or we could do a mixture of the first two and I could go into the office part-time.

Of course if more people read my stupid blog, I could sell advertising and never have to work again. Wouldn't that be nice?

1 comment:

  1. Dang, this is bummer news. Just tell them that you will stay working at home, that you demand all of them to work from home, too, and that you deserve a doubling of your salary. That'll teach em never to demand anything from you ever again.

    ReplyDelete