Friday, May 13, 2011

Confessions of a Bad Dad - Sickness

Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned. It's been 29 days since my last confession. But then again you, Blogger, were broken all day yesterday, so it's not like you're perfect either.

My baby is sick and I love it. Does that make me a horrible father?

I noticed on Wednesday that baby was sleeping for abnormally lengthy amounts of time. Then he slept through the night Wednesday night without a problem and when he woke up yesterday morning, he was warm to the touch. So I took his temperature (which is no easy feat with a baby who won't sit still - especially since I refuse to do the rectal thing - it's an 'out' hole). It was 100.8 degrees, so I called the doctor. The nurse said to bring him in (of course she did - more money for them), and the doctor said to give him fluids and let him sleep.

So he slept all day yesterday and all morning today. It's beautiful to have a baby that sleeps during the day. For a brief moment last night, I forgot that we even had a kid. How awesome is that?

He just woke up and is no longer warm. He seems to have his appetite and rambunctious demeanor back, so I guess that's the end of that. It sure was nice while it lasted...

No comments:

Post a Comment