Friday, July 29, 2011

Cribthumping

We used to have a routine. Baby would go to bed at 9 or 10 and we'd hear him jumping in his crib by 5 or 6 the next morning. At that time I'd go get him and bring him back to the bed where the wife would feed him and he'd fall back asleep. Earlier this week we decided to cut out the morning feeding and replace it with a bottle. That was a horrible decision.

Now he wakes up at 3 and jumps in his crib until someone goes in there. So for the last few nights I've been in there with a bottle trying to get him back to sleep. Last night (early this morning), I realized that's not the right approach - I shouldn't be feeding him that early, I should be encouraging him to go back to sleep. Additionally, we can't have him jumping in the crib at 3 in the morning - we've got neighbors who would probably like some sleep.

So I started something new - Cribthumping

I knock him down
He gets back up again
I'm never going to keep him down
(repeat for a long time)

Basically when he jumped in the crib I knocked him down and he'd cry... until he got back up again. This went on and on until the wife came in and rescued him and sent me back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment