Thursday, June 9, 2011

Confessions of a Bad Dad - Sunburn

Forgive me Blogger, I have sinned. It's been 27 days since my last confession.

We've spent the last three days down in Ephraim, UT for the wife's work conference. There's not much to do down there - especially when the hotel's cable and internet go out due to overuse since the hotel is not often full. So to pass the time I took baby to the local playground, where we were joined by the Desperate Housewives of Sanpete County. Twelve young Mormon mommies with their kids (with names like Stockton, Miranda, and 3 Brinleys) hung out at the park with baby and me. I probably looked like a homeless bum with my beard and crazy hair, but at least I had a kid with me. Without baby I definitely would have been arrested for being a creep.

So while we were at the park, I heard one of the moms telling her kid to put on sunscreen and I had a fleeting thought that I should have put some on baby. But we were only out there a few hours and I never burn after only a few hours.

Turns out that babies are different than big people and their skin burns faster. Who knew? Now baby is very pink and mommy is mad.

2 comments:

  1. um...yeah. some lessons are learned at the expensive of babies. poor things. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor lobster child! In Seattle, we don't have that problem. Or the sun, really. :)

    ReplyDelete